Justices Overturn $3.9M Verdict in Mobile Gas Leak

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) - The Alabama Supreme Court has ordered a new
trial in a case where a jury ordered Mobile Gas Service Corp. to
pay $3.9 million to the family of an elderly woman who died as a
result of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The court said Friday that errors in the trial required the
judgment to be set aside.

Rosa Robinson had filed a wrongful death suit against Mobile Gas
Service Corp. and other defendants after a carbon monoxide leak in
her home in 2004 caused the death of her elderly mother, Harriett
Robinson.

The jury in 2007 found that the company had supplied gas to a
furnace in the Robinson home in Chickasaw even though company
inspectors had tagged the furnace as being defective.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 38735757 - wtvy.com/a?a=38735757