Officials say 15 people had to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a resort near Birmingham.
Hoover Fire Department spokesman Rusty Lowe says the problem occurred Friday at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa.
Lowe says the hotel's fifth and sixth floors were evacuated after rescue units were called to treat guests with flu-like symptoms. The sick include a child who appeared to be disoriented.
Fire investigators suspect a faulty heating system may have caused a carbon monoxide leak in the hotel.
Marriott operates Ross Bridge as part of the Retirement Systems of Alabama's golf trail.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.