It's a story of quick thinking and a lot of love.
An older brother moved fast when his younger brother was choking.
Melinda Davenport talked to a family who is feeling grateful today...
Boys will be boys -- that saying goes for 6-year-old Clayton -- who was playing inside his Home Thursday -- when his fun went awry.
"I had a marble stuck in my throat."
Clayton said he couldn't breathe -- and his lips started to change in color.
"They were really blue. They were dark, dark blue."
"I was really scared. I was panicking."
Mom was in the shower -- dad was at work -- so Clayton’s brave 10-year-old brother Dylan stepped in to save his life.
"I'm like, okay, I've seen this before, I've never done it, I'm not sure it will work, but let's try this."
Dylan performed the Heimlich maneuver -- the boys say the marble came shooting out of Clayton’s mouth.
"I didn't want my brother to die, because it would be really sad. And my family would also be sad, and our life wouldn't be the same without him."
Dad Aaron says helping others is in his son's blood.
"He's has three uncles that are also firemen, so he's been around it his whole life."
Mom Catherine says she's grateful for a fast acting son to watch over her 6 year old.
"You think you're at home and everything is alright, but it can all change in seconds...(crying)."
Seconds where a split decision saved a child's life.
|Get the ingredients you need to cook with Rach all week long.|
|Full length exclusive concerts from hot artists.|
|Take a break!
Classic Pacman, Frogger, Asteroids and more.
Sell almost anything locally.