17 mins ago
- WETUMPKA, Ala. (AP) -- Alabama Department of Corrections officials say a surveillance system featuring more than 300 cameras has been installed at the Julia Tutwiler Prison for Women in Wetumpka.
Updated: 2:59 PM
- In a recent scam, area businesses and residential customers received calls from a person claiming to represent Gulf Power Company and demanding payment — or their electric service will be cut off.
Posted: 2:26 PM
- ALBANY, Ga. (AP) -- A jury has been seated to hear the trial of three people charged in connection with a deadly salmonella outbreak traced to a southwest Georgia peanut plant five years ago.
Posted: 11:41 AM
- Abbeville, AL - Beginning Friday, August 1, 2014 the Henry County Probate Office will accept credit and debit cards for the purchase of tags, licenses and other services offered by the office.
Updated: 11:33 AM
- The House is expected to vote at 11:45am CT Thursday, on border legislation which does not address the President’s planned and unlawful executive action to give work permits to millions of illegal immigrants in a time of high unemployment.
Updated: 10:56 AM
- On July 4, 2014, Ozark Police Criminal Investigators were summoned to a local firearms business regarding a burglary and the theft of firearms. Investigators processed the crime scene which revealed the theft of nineteen (19) firearms and ammunition.
Posted: 10:17 AM
- An Okaloosa County Sheriff's Deputy who found a teenager standing outside a burning home at 3 Eglin Street around 11:30 last night said the teen told him he had called 9-1-1 and that he had a friend still inside.
Posted: 10:09 AM
- Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal is reaching out to leaders of the state's Latino community to learn more about unaccompanied minors from Central American nations who are in Georgia, and to share concerns and seek solutions.