News 4 Headlines
Unofficial Holiday of October 1st: CD Player Day
16 mins ago
- Between audio cassettes and the MP3, the compact disk was the most popular way to listen to music in parts of the 1980s and 1990s, and every CD needed a CD player!
Peanut & Cotton Crop Update
Posted: 10:15 PM
- Area peanut and cotton farmers are feeling a bit dreary this month and it has a lot to do with the weather.
It's a waiting game and after waiting to plant in the spring due to rain, along with the moisture we are now getting during harvest season.
The clock is ticking.
Ozark City Schools Working Towards Accreditation for Next Five Years
Posted: 6:19 PM
- Teachers and faculty are working to create reports for the AdvancED Accreditation next year.
The reports are reviewed by the organization that grants accreditation every five years. Early next year, a team of one out of state representative and a few in-state representatives will visit the district to review their standards of education.
Dr. Rick McInturf Takes Over as Superintendent of Ozark City Schools on Wednesday
Updated: 6:30 PM
- Dr. Rick McInturf assumes the responsibility of leading the Ozark City Schools on Wednesday. He is the new superintendent following Mr. Michael Lenhart.
Dr. McInturf said it is a responsibility that his eight-year role as associate superintendent prepared him to accept.
"Virtually everything that goes on in the school system, the associate superintendent has some knoweledge of," Dr. McInturf said.
Judge Rules in Case Tied to Ronnie Gilley's Finances
Posted: 5:33 PM
- The Alabama Supreme Court has sided with a Troy bank in a fight over the troubled finances of jailed casino developer Ronnie Gilley.