MOKPO, South Korea (AP) -- A South Korean prosecutor says four more crewmembers from a sunken ferry have been detained on allegations of failing to protect passengers.
Senior prosecutor Ahn Sang-don told reporters Monday that two first mates, one second mate and a chief engineer are also accused of abandoning the ship.
Ahn says prosecutors are considering whether to ask a court for a formal arrest warrant that would allow for a longer period of investigation. South Koreans can only be detained for 48 hours without a court-issued formal arrest warrant.
The ferry's captain and two other crewmembers were previously formally arrested on suspicion of negligence and abandoning people in need.
Sixty-four bodies have been recovered, and about 240 people are still missing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.