One Dead, Two Hospitalized in Alabama Gas Leak

By: The Associated Press
By: The Associated Press

RAINSVILLE, Ala. (AP) -- Authorities have identified a man who died in a suspected carbon monoxide leak in DeKalb County.

Reports say 51-year-old Charles Gerald Downer, of Rainsville, was found dead and two other men were airlifted from the home and were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at Erlanger Hospital in Chattanooga, Tenn.

Authorities say a generator was being used because the house had recently been remodeled and had no power.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 203088511 - wtvy.com/a?a=203088511
Gray Television, Inc.