House Fire Sends Dothan Resident to the Hospital

By  | 

A Dothan woman is in the hospital after her home caught fire.
Dothan police say just after ten thirty this morning, someone called 9-1-1 about smoke coming from a home on Arlington Avenue.
They arrived minutes later to find the woman’s furniture on fire.

“They went in and did their normal things, pulled in an attack line went into the structure and put the fire out.” Dothan Fire Department Battalion chief Pete Webb said.

News 4 spoke to neighbors who actually made the 9-1-1 call.
They didn't want to go on camera however they said they had to bring the woman out of the burning home, because she was trying to put the fire out herself.
The woman did suffer some burns, and went to a local hospital.
The fire is still under investigation

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus