TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- The administrator of a settlement between BP and oil spill claimants says more than 34,000 Florida businesses and individuals so far have been deemed eligible for $332 million.
Patrick Juneau, though, believes many more people and businesses may qualify.
Juneau is in Tallahassee to meet with state officials and spread the word about the settlement. He appeared before a Senate committee Tuesday and will visit with Gov. Rick Scott and the Florida Cabinet on Wednesday.
Juneau said $245 million so far has been paid to business and individuals designated for payment in Florida. The total paid to date for all five Gulf Coast states is $1.3 billion out of $1.7 billion designated for payment.
The settlement covers damages caused by the blowout of BP's Macondo well off Louisiana in 2010.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.