Authorities are still investigating a fire at a downtown Dothan business.
The fire started at Dothan Glass Company on South Oates Street around 9 p.m. Friday night.
The owner of the company says the fire broke out in the auto glass warehouse in the area where they were storing a Ford Explorer for a customer. A passerby spotted smoke and contacted the fire department.
Flames destroyed the Explorer and damaged two other vehicles. Wiring, insulation and the roof of the warehouse were also singed. Firefighters were able to save the show room and the rest of the business.
Buddy Pitman says it could have been so much worse. His father and uncle started the business in 1931 and now he runs it.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.