Shortly after a woman and her children left their home around 9:45 am, she noticed smoke coming from inside.
Officials believe the cause of the fire stems from an overloaded electrical outlet.
Kinsey Fire Chief Charles Reneau said, “Upon arrival we had heavy flames and smoke visible from the bedroom end of the structure. We ventilated the structure and initiated an interior attack, brought the fire under control in approximately 10 to 15 minutes. We've been doing a lot of salvaging and overhaul since then."
Fortunately, no one was injured in the blaze.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.