WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Mobile Home Fire

Shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a fire at the Garden Estates Trailer Park on Hodgesville Road.

Officials said at first the fire had signs of a meth lab explosion, but officials soon ruled it a structure fire. Fire officials said the resident apparently fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and set his couch on fire.

He suffered injuries after jumping out of a window. He was transported to Southeast Alabama Medical Center.

There was only minor damage to the inside of the mobile home.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 67241