Shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a fire at the Garden Estates Trailer Park on Hodgesville Road.
Officials said at first the fire had signs of a meth lab explosion, but officials soon ruled it a structure fire. Fire officials said the resident apparently fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and set his couch on fire.
He suffered injuries after jumping out of a window. He was transported to Southeast Alabama Medical Center.
There was only minor damage to the inside of the mobile home.