Shortly after 7 p.m. Tuesday, firefighters responded to a fire at the Garden Estates Trailer Park on Hodgesville Road.
Officials said at first the fire had signs of a meth lab explosion, but officials soon ruled it a structure fire. Fire officials said the resident apparently fell asleep while smoking a cigarette and set his couch on fire.
He suffered injuries after jumping out of a window. He was transported to Southeast Alabama Medical Center.
There was only minor damage to the inside of the mobile home.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.