Kobe Bryant's accuser is asking a Colorado judge to set a trial date so she can start putting the case behind her.
Her lawyer says the alleged rape victim has been forced to quit school and leave her home, and has had to cut off contact with friends. In a court filing, the lawyer says the woman has gotten a flood of phone calls and e-mails threatening death or mutilation.
The lawyer says it won't end until after the case goes to trial.
Bryant has said the woman agreed to sex. If convicted of rape, the NBA player could face four years to life in prison. No trial date has been set and pre-trial hearings are scheduled well into May.
The woman's mother included a letter with the filing. She criticizes the media for forcing her daughter to live her life on the run, while Bryant keeps playing basketball.
WTVY News 4 Extended Web Coverage
Timeline of the sexual assault case against Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant:
- June 30: Bryant arrives at Lodge & Spa at Cordillera near Edwards, one day before knee surgery at Steadman Hawkins Clinic in Vail.
- July 1: A 19-year-old employee tells sheriff's deputies Bryant sexually assaulted her.
- July 2: Sheriff's deputies take Bryant to hospital for tests.
- July 4: Sheriff Joe Hoy issues arrest warrant for Bryant, who has returned to California. Bryant flies back to Eagle County, surrenders and is released after posting $25,000 bond.
- July 18: District Attorney Mark Hurlbert files single count of felony sexual assault. Bryant says he committed adultery but is innocent of assault.
- Aug. 6: Bryant makes initial court appearance.
- Sept. 2: Iowa college student John Roche, 22, pleads innocent in federal court to leaving death threat on accuser's answering machine.
- Sept. 2: Prosecutors reveal Bryant's attorneys have subpoenaed a Colorado hospital to see his accuser's medical records.
- Sept. 18: Swiss man Patrick Graber, 31, arrested in California for investigation of soliciting the murder of Bryant's accuser.
- Oct. 2: Judge says the woman does not have to testify at preliminary hearing and denies defense requests to see her medical
- Oct. 9: Preliminary hearing begins, ends Oct. 15.
- Oct. 20: Judge rules Bryant must stand trial.
- Nov. 13: Bryant makes first appearance before trial judge, puts off formal plea.
- Dec. 19: Bryant appears before trial judge at evidentiary hearing.
- Jan. 23: Bryant appears before trial judge at evidentiary hearing. Roche pleads guilty to making telephone threat against Bryant's accuser, faces up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine at June 4 sentencing.
- Jan. 29: NBA fans select Bryant as All-Star Game starter.
- Feb. 1: Citing illness, Bryant skips first day of two-day evidentiary hearing. Returns the next day.
- Feb. 26: Cedric Augustine, 37, of Long Beach, Calif., accused of making profanity-laced death threats against Bryant's accuser and the prosecutor.
- March 1-2: Bryant appears for evidentiary hearing. Defense attorneys say accuser had sex with someone else less than 15 hours
after her alleged assault. Her attorney denies the claim.
- March 24: Bryant's 19-year-old accuser faces Bryant for first time since incident, testifies for three hours behind closed doors about her sexual history. Defense says details may prove she was injured during sex with someone else the week of the incident.