A quick-thinking teacher kept some elementary school students in Mobile from drinking cleaning fluid that was accidentally packaged in milk cartons. The cleaning fluid was packaged in the half-pint fat-free milk cartons.
One student did drink it, but did not get sick. Principal Barbara freeman said a teacher noticed a strong vinegar taste and quickly alerted cafeteria workers.
A Dairy Fresh spokesperson said a disinfectant used to clean equipment in milk plants, had mistakenly been packaged into 100 cartons that Dairy Fresh Milk Corporation delivered to the school on Tuesday. The company said it is taking steps to ensure something like this doesn't happen again.
After the incident, the principal joked it was lucky the tainted cartons were for fat-free milk, and not the more popular chocolate milk.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.