Officials are blaming the cold weather for a pre-dawn house fire in Slocomb.
Eddie Keith Junior was asleep in the bedroom of a century-old home he was renting on North Dalton Street.
Just after 2AM Thursday morning, neighbors reported flames coming from the three-bedroom, wooden structure.
Keith was able to escape through the backdoor of the home, but he was burned on his arms and hands.
Officials say it appears he had a kerosene heater next to his bed.
Keith is reportedly in good condition after being flown to the UAB Burn Center in Birmingham.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.