An Enterprise woman credits a smoke detector with saving the lives of her teenage daughter and the girl's friend.
Stephanie Swanson says the two teenagers were asleep in the Elm Street home when it suddenly caught fire.
She says one of the kids heard the smoke detector go off and thought she was dreaming.
"She grabbed her phone, ran out of the house and called 911 before she got out. The fire chief says if she were there one more minute, she wouldn't have made it. The smoke detector saved her life," said Swanson.
The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen.
It remains under investigation by the Enterprise Fire Department.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.