ANDALUSIA, Ala. (AP) - A mobile home fire claimed the life of an
Andalusia man Tuesday morning.
Covington County sheriff's investigators identified the victim as 52-year-old James "Stevie" Johnson. Authorities said the fire was reported shortly before 7 am and by the time firefighters arrived, the residence was engulfed in flames.
The sheriff's office said a preliminary inquiry determined the blaze may have been started by overturned space heater.
The investigation was turned over to the state Fire Marshal's office.
(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.