The quick response of Geneva Volunteer Firefighters appears to have saved a home from becoming a total loss.
Just after ten Thursday morning, Glenda Hyman says she saw smoke billowing out of her kitchen in her home on Springhill Cemetery Road.
She was safely able to get herself and three children out of the burning structure.
Hyman says material things can be replaced but not lives.
She believes the light used to keep her dogs warm may have ignited something.
It took crews about an hour to put out the blaze.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.