The freezing temperatures in the Wiregrass continue to cause high anxiety for emergency responders.
Misuse of Christmas decorations was to blame for a deadly fire just over a year ago.
The house fire on Morgan Lane in Enterprise claimed the life of 107-year-old Alice Corzilius.
She was unable to escape the flames.
Enterprise Fire Chief Byron Herring said candles in a living room Christmas display was the cause.
With the coldest temperatures of the season expected, Chief Herring is concerned about the improper use of space heaters.
"They push them next to the wall, furniture, or some object. Then when it gets cold again and it comes on, it can catch on fire," said Chief Herring.
Chief Herring says homeowners using a gas or electric heater should follow the manufacturer’s directions.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.