A 4th of July blaze that destroyed an old warehouse in Dothan is being blamed on the misuse of fireworks.
The Old Golden Peanut Warehouse on Burdeshaw Street was engulfed in flames by the time firefighters got the call. The heat was so intense that they had to just let it burn.
Several homes in the area were evacuated as a pre-cautionary measure.
Fire investigators said they found evidence of spent fireworks in and around the building. Setting off fireworks is against the law inside Dothan city limits.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.