A passing motorist may have saved the lives of a Houston County family when their home was destroyed by fire. The fire happened Monday night.
Firefighters managed to contain the flames to one end of the home, but the structure is a total loss due to smoke and water damage.
Two vehicles were also destroyed.
Officials say a barbecue grill in the garage may have started the fire. Don and Tonya Trimnel and their three children had already gone to bed. Smoke alarms in the home failed to go off, but a stranger came to the family's rescue.
A special fund has been set up at MidSouth Bank in Dothan. If you would like to help, just make your checks payable to the "Trimnel Relief Fund." You can call the bank for more information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.