The investigation is continuing into an early morning fire that destroyed an apartment and damaged several others in Daleville Wednesday. It happened around 5 a.m. at Dalewood Estates.
Officials say the fire started in the kitchen.
Tanya Darden, who lived in the apartment, was able to get her children out. Her downstairs neighbor heard the smoke alarm.
The Darden family reportedly lost everything in the fire.
The Wiregras Chapter of the American Red Cross has been contacted to help them with clothes and shelter.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.