MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A large fire at a recycling center on Montgomery's north side kept firefighters busy overnight. Authorities said the blaze, which erupted about 8:30 p.m., has been brought under control, although some hot spots remain.
Firefighters say most of the materials involve discarded lumber, metal, plastics and rubber.
No word on how it started, but investigator believe it was an accident.
A number of employees were on the property and some managed to move propane and gas tanks away from the flames.
No one was injured and fire crews remains at the site.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.