A little after 1 a.m. Friday, the Dothan Fire Department responded to a call at the Lakeside Trailer Park on Montgomery Highway.
But, by the time they got there the fire had consumed the trailer and threatened to spread to the next-door neighbors.
Residents nearby said they rushed to the trailer to make sure no one was trapped inside. Some even tried to save the home by using a garden hose to douse the ground and walls of the trailer.
The gutted trailer was once home to Wes Bledsoe, who said he's just completed two weeks worth of remodeling.
Fire Department officials said the fire appears to have started from an unattended propane burner used for cooking.
But, Bledsoe said he's not at fault; he said he'd been away from his home almost two hours before the fire started and thanks God that no one was hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.