An early morning fire leaves an elderly man dead. Eighty-two-year-old Charles Pamaroe died in fire that investigators believe started in the living room.
Around 1 a.m. Friday morning, Echo, Yule, and Choctawatchee volunteer fire departments arrived at Pamaroe's home on County Road 36, which was engulfed in flames.
By the time the fire had been extinguished, Pomoroe was dead.
"Many fires are started in the home by the individual and his age could indicate that an accident occurred that he couldn't get away from, but at this point we're still investigating," says Dale Co. Investigator Tim Byrd.
Pamaroe's body has been sent to Montgomery for an autopsy.
Preliminary reports suggest he might have died from smoke inhalation.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.