Nearly a month after a recall of toxic pet food, doctors at Cornell University's veterinary hospital say some dog owners may still be unaware.
Dozens of dogs have died of liver disease after eating food contaminated with aflatoxin, a naturally-occurring poison.
Diamond Pet Food issued its recall December 20th. The company says the toxin was apparently in a load of contaminated corn missed by its testers.
Cornell has become a northeastern hub of treatment for affected dogs. The hospital has adapted a diagnostic test used on humans to test dogs for exposure.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.