A three-year-old child is responsible for saving his family after a fire started in his home.
Dothan firefighters got the call around 5:45 Monday afternoon. When they arrived at the house on East Selma Street, they found it engulfed in flames.
The child noticed the fire and woke up his parents in time to get the family to safety. One of the adults suffered minor burns. Battalion Chief Eddie Munn said an overloaded extension cord caused the fire to start.
The Dothan Fire Department plans to recognize the youngster for his bravery at a later date.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.