Elba Liquor Update


Elba began accepting applications for licenses to sell alcoholic beverages this week.

Last November, Elba voters approved a tax referendum on the sale of alcohol. The tax revenue generated from alcohol sales is earmarked for Elba schools.

There are different types of beverage licenses. One is for the sale of beer and wine, but the product must be consumed away from the property. Another license is the type used by bars and clubs.

Elba applicants are asked to go to the Alabama Beverage Commission office in Dothan.