Construction workers using a deep-fryer to cook an early Thanksgiving dinner did the ultimate no-no.
They used the fryer in the garage of a vacant house they had just built in Eugene, Oregon.
It's an annual tradition by the crew. But the workers say the oil inside got too hot. Flames spread through the garage and up the front of the house, into a second-story room.
Firefighters say the blaze caused about 75-thousand dollars in damage.
The house was unsold, and the loss was insured.
Undaunted, the workers bought a second bird and cooked it in the back yard of a house across the street.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.