WTVY  | Dothan, AL  | News, Weather, Sports

Stonewood Fire Cause

Fire officials have determined the cause of Monday morning's fire on Stonewood Drive.

Investigators tell us there was a box of combustibles on top of an extension cord for the freezer.

The cord overheated and caused the combustibles to ignite.

Officials warn homeowners to check extension cords annually to make sure nothing is on top of them and to also make sure you use heavy duty extension cords for big appliances like refrigerators and computers.


WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1745257 - wtvy.com/a?a=1745257