Authorities say an 84-year-old man was found dead near a gasoline-powered generator inside his Pensacola, Florida home, where emergency workers reported high levels of carbon monoxide.
Police say Franklin Hovell was found dead by his son-in-law at about 11:10 a.m. Tuesday. An autopsy is scheduled for Wednesday.
A 55-year-old West Pensacola man died late Sunday from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator.
Officials say 21 cases of carbon monoxide poisoning have been reported at local hospitals since Hurricane Dennis hit the Florida Panhandle on Sunday.
County health officials warn that opening doors and windows or using fans will not prevent a buildup of carbon monoxide if generators or other gas-powered equipment are used indoors.
Florida officials reported one carbon monoxide fatality after Hurricane Ivan struck the Panhandle last year.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.