An important piece of Geneva’s past will be preserved.
The old city fire station is located in the downtown district and was built around 1910. It is one of the oldest buildings still standing in the city.
Council members voted to turn the deed to the building over to the Geneva County Historical Society.
The building served as Geneva’s City Hall in the 1930's.
Through a series of grant requests, it's hoped that the old fire house will eventually be converted into a museum.