A family is picking up the pieces after a fire destroyed their Pinckard home. Fire officials are calling it one of the worst fires they've ever seen.
Three people were in the home Tuesday night around 8 p.m. when they noticed smoke in the house and called E911.
Volunteer fire officials rushed to the scene, but the house was engulfed in flames. The 50-year-old wooden ranch style home was totally destroyed. The family even lost one of their vehicles that blew up in the garage.
Police aren't sure what the cause of the fire was, but say it started in the bathroom.
Dale County Rescue set up a rehab area to make sure there weren't any injuries.
They were surprised at the magnitude of the blaze and officials say they will continue to monitor the area until the fire is completely smoldered.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.