Just after 8:30 a.m. Tuesday, fire crews arrived to find the two-bedroom mobile home engulfed in flames. It's located off of Highway 27 in Geneva. Officials believe an electrical short in a back room ignited the fire.
Charles and Tabbitha Lewis, along with 22-month-old Seth, were not inside. They drove up to find everything they'd worked for "up in smoke."
The Lewis family did not have insurance, and lost everything they own. If you would like to help them get back on their feet, an account has been set up at the American Bank in Geneva, P. O. Box 70, Geneva, Alabama 36340. The checking account number is 0516-0567.