A fire in Houston County was reported around 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Broadway Avenue and Swan Lake Drive in Avon.
Firefighters from Cowarts, Ashford, Webb and Dothan arrived to find one end of the home engulfed in flames. The fire spread quickly, but the only person inside got out safely.
It took firefighters more than an hour to bring the flames under control.
A woman and three foster children lived in the home, and their insurance lapsed in September.
Cowarts Baptist Church is setting up a fund to help the family. If you would like to more information in making a donation call 334-794-2424.
You need to make sure to specify that your check is for the Jeanette Still Assistance Fund.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.