15 Treated in Birmingham for CO Poisioning

By: AP
By: AP

Officials say 15 people had to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning at a resort near Birmingham.

Hoover Fire Department spokesman Rusty Lowe says the problem occurred Friday at the Renaissance Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa.

Lowe says the hotel's fifth and sixth floors were evacuated after rescue units were called to treat guests with flu-like symptoms. The sick include a child who appeared to be disoriented.

Fire investigators suspect a faulty heating system may have caused a carbon monoxide leak in the hotel.

Marriott operates Ross Bridge as part of the Retirement Systems of Alabama's golf trail.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 200671921 - wtvy.com/a?a=200671921