Undocumented Immigrants

Pending legislation could make it a lot easier for Hispanics in the Wiregrass and across the country to make a better life for themselves.

Alabama might have thousands of undocumented immigrants and a new federal bill could affect all of them.

If the bill passes, a person who's been living in America for five years can, in a short amount of time, get a Green Card for a three year period.

And if they're new to the U.S., they would still be able to get Temporary Transitional Status.

The Green Card can be renewed for a span of nine years, while working to get citizenship, which usually takes about that long anyway.

WTVY-TV 285 N Foster Street Dothan, AL 36303 334-792-3195
Copyright © 2002-2015 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1334482 - wtvy.com/a?a=1334482
Gray Television, Inc.