Authorities in Southwest Florida say two 19-year-old men are dead and another man is hospitalized after they apparently overdosed on a drug found in an over-the-counter cold medicine.
Cape Coral Police say the two friends were found unconscious early Monday in a home.
Police believe the men took too much Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold, which contains Dextromethorphan.
When taken in high doses it can cause can cause hallucinations, increased body temperatures, irregular heart beat, high blood pressure and death.
The men were believed to have obtained the drug over the Internet.
Coricidin HBP Cough & Cold
|7:00pm||Frosty The Snowman|
|8:00pm||NCIS: Los Angeles|
|9:00pm||The Grammy Nominations Concert Live!|
|10:00pm||WTVY News 4 at Ten|
|9:00pm||Law & Order: SVU|
|7:00pm||The Carrie Diaries|
|9:00pm||Primetime News at 9|