The government says more than 15,000 Americans get sick each year from carbon monoxide poisoning and more homes need carbon monoxide detectors.
A report from the CDC shows 480 people die from the odorless toxic gas each year and exposure rates peak during cold months.
In addition to installing home detectors, the CDC suggests annual maintenance on gas burning appliances and avoiding the use of unvented wood burning stoves and fireplaces.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.