A fire heavily damaged a Dothan mobile home. The fire was reported Monday morning around 7 a.m.
Several units from the Dothan Fire Department responded. Firefighters managed to contain the flames to a bedroom where the fire started.
A child was taken to a hospital for evaluation and later released. A woman and two other kids escaped uninjured.
Fire officials say a child playing with a cigarette lighter apparently started the blaze.
Children playing with fire have recently caused at least two other fires in Dothan, but parents can take precautions to protect their homes and families. You can get more information on safe-guarding your home and loved ones by contacting the Dothan Fire Department at 334-615-3500.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.