This local contest is presented by WTVY in conjunction with UPICKEM MEN'S COLLEGE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT “ROUND BY ROUND” CONTEST (“National Contest”), presented and sponsored by Second Street Media, Inc. Your entry and participation in the National Contest serves as your entry and participation in this local contest if you live in a county located in WTVY’s Designated Market Area; you only have to enter once. WTVY is not responsible for the administration of the national contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. PROMOTION DATES a. The College Hoops Contest (“Promotion”) presented by WTVY will begin on January 25, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. ET and end on April 13, 2013. You may register to enter as early as January 25, 2013 but may not begin to make selections for the rounds until the evening of March 17, 2013. The last round selection is on April 8, 2013.
2. ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS a. The Promotion is open to all legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia (except NY and FL) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the following Florida and Georgia counties located in WTVY’s DMA Alabama: Houston, Dale, Henry, Geneva, Coffee, Covington, Pike Florida: Washington, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Bay Georgia: Early, Seminole, Clay or who are 19 years of age or older at the time of entry and who live in the following Alabama counties located in WTVY’s DMA Alabama: Houston, Dale, Henry, Geneva, Coffee, Covington, Pike Florida: Washington, Holmes, Jackson, Okaloosa, Bay Georgia: Early, Seminole, Clay Employees of WTVY (the “Station”), its parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, its advertising agencies, participating sponsors/promotional partners, other broadcasting stations in the Dothan, Alabama metropolitan area, and the members of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings or children) or households (whether related or not) are ineligible to participate or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void outside the United States, in NY and FL, as applicable, and where prohibited. b. One entry per person. Generally, there are no restrictions on how often a prize may be won by a user over a period of time. You may win a prize in both the National Contest and this local Promotion, depending on your high score. You will be notified separately by Second Street Media, Inc. if you have won a prize in the National Contest. c. Selected winner will be required to provide a valid state issued ID to verify age and identity, to complete the Gray Television Group, Inc. General Appearance/Publicity Release, and to complete a W-9 (if requested) when claiming the prize in this Promotion. d. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry as required by law.
3. ENTRY a. To participate in the Promotion, you may enter via the following method(s): VIA INTERNET – Entries to win will require users to set up an account for the National Contest and participate in the College Hoops Contest by selecting possible answers. Users are scored by the number of correct answers and the entry(ies) with the highest score or scores will be selected to win a prize. Follow the links and instructions to enter and submit your first name and last name, complete address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth, and a valid email address in the online entry form. Internet entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning the email address or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Station. The contest/sweepstakes administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion. For purpose of this Promotion, a “Day” shall begin at 12:00:00 a.m. ET and shall end at 11:59:59 p.m. ET. b. HOW TO PLAY: Your score for the round by round selection for the Promotion will be based on your performance in the National Contest. Here are the pertinent rules established for the National Contest, which will also govern the selection of the Promotion’s winner: In the "Round by Round" game, you pick the winners of each game of each round of the tournament prior to the start of the first full round of the tournament (i.e., the round of 64 teams). Select the team that you predict will win each game of the Men's College Basketball Tournament and enter the score for the designated tie-breaker game round by round. You may enter your picks for a round until fifteen (15) minutes before the start of each game. You must select a winner for each game of the round or the computer will select the team chosen by the most fans for you. Limit one (1) entry per person. The participant who picks the most correct games in each round will be deemed the round winner, subject to verification. If a game is canceled, forfeited, or indefinitely suspended for any reason, that game shall not count for any participant and scores will be computed as if the game did not exist. In the event of a tie for any prize, the "Score Approximation Formula" described below will be applied to determine the winner of the prize. In the event of a tie for the highest overall score, the computer takes those tied participants and applies the "Score Approximation Formula" outlined below to determine the Grand Prize winner. Score Approximation Formula: 1. Subtract what the participant chose as the score for the winning team from the actual winning team's score and square this value. 2. Subtract what the participant chose as the score for the losing team from the actual losing team's score and squares this value. 3. Add the value from 1 and 2 above together to get the participant's "score approximation". The participant with the lowest "Score Approximation" will be deemed the winner. If there are still ties, the ties will be broken based on the following criteria in this order: 1. The most points earned in the Fifth Round. 2. The most points earned in the Fourth Round. 3. The most points earned in the Third Round. 4. The most points earned in the Second Round. 5. The most points earned in the First Round. 6. If there is still a tie the Second Street computer picks a random winner from the qualified tied players.
4. PRIZES a. The local grand prize is a portable grill and accessories provided by Bondys Toyota and Bondys Ford. Approximate Retail Value is $100. The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize. b. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Other restrictions may apply.
5. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION a. Decisions of Station management with respect to the Promotion are final. b. Selected winner will be determined no later than April 13, 2013. c. The College Hoops Contest is not a chance drawing. The odds of winning will only be determined by the number of eligible entries. d. Winner will be selected by ranking through the Second Street UPickem console. In the event of a tie the winner will be selected by random drawing from qualified participants. e. Winner does not need to be present, listening, or watching to be selected to win. f. Selected winner will be notified by email. Winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within ten (10) days of notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen by the next highest ranking, or if a tie, by random selection from qualified participants. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to complete, sign and return the required affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. g. Unless otherwise specified in the prize notification, the prizes may be picked up at the office of the Station at the address below. The winner will forfeit any prize not claimed in-person within thirty (30) days of winning. h. Each entrant’s participation in the National Contest is governed by separate rules, located at: www.wtvy.com The Station is not responsible for the outcome or administration of the National Contest and by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Station, its sponsor(s) and promotional partner(s), its advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors, and assigns of each of them (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the National Contest.
6. CONDITIONS a. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 or the equivalent including the winner’s full Social Security Number for receipt of any prize valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the prize. b. Participating in the Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes winner’s and guest’s (where applicable) permission for the Station or its agents to photograph, film and record each winner, and to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Promotion or its sponsors for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize. c. Prior to awarding any prize or prize certificate, and depending on the nature of the prize and eligibility requirements of the Promotion, the Station in its sole discretion will require verification of Promotion winner’s identification by a showing of valid government-issued photo identification. By participating and/or accepting a prize, entrants, winner and his/her guests (if applicable) agree to release and hold harmless the “Released Parties harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or participation in the Promotion. The Station will also require eligible Promotion winner and their guests or travel companions, if any (as well as each of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s), if winner, guests or travel companions are under the age of majority in their state of residence), to sign a liability release confirming such consent. d. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person (and all of their entries) from this Promotion if he or she tampers with the entry process, the operation of the Promotion, or the operation of the Station’s web channel or is otherwise in violation of the rules. The Station further reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Promotion, or any part of it, if it is not capable of completion as planned or if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond the Station’s control, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion as determined by the Station in is sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any person to deliberately damage any station web channel or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Station reserves the right to seek full prosecution and/or damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to modify, terminate, suspend or cancel the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize. e. The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion, or in the announcement of a prize; (ii) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, malfunctions, disconnections, other technological failures, telephone service outages, delays, dropped calls, or busy signals, or any other difficulties that may prevent an individual from sending or receiving a text message; or (iii) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or late entries. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize that cannot be awarded due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Station’s control. f. To obtain a copy of the Official Rules or the name of the winner following completion of the Promotion (please specify which), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) specifying “Official Rules” or “Winner List” to College Hoops Contest Winner List or Official Rules Request, WTVY, 285 N. foster Street, Dothan, AL 36301. A copy of the Official Rules and the name of the winner are also available during regular business hours at the main studio of WTVY, 285 N. foster Street, Dothan, AL 36301. All such requests must be received within thirty (30) days following completion of the Promotion.