Electrical short to blame for Columbia home fire

By  | 

DOTHAN, AL (WTVY) Investigators say an electrical short sparked a fire that destroyed a family home in Columbia Monday late afternoon.

Firefighters were called to the 300-block of Gordon-Williams Road Monday afternoon around 4 o’clock.

Upon arrival, officials found a mobile home fully engulfed in flames. The couple residing in the home reported hearing a loud pop and smelling smoke. They escaped the fire unharmed.

It took 20 firefighters from Webb, Ashford and Columbia approximately an hour and a half to put out the blaze.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station. powered by Disqus