(CBS) — THE AMAZING RACE returns this season with a race unlike any before. In a brand new twist, all 22 Racers are complete strangers who will meet on the starting line. Before “GO,” Racers will immediately compete in a challenge that will determine the order for picking a Teammate, based on nothing but first impressions. These new pairs of Teammates will then have mere moments to learn their traveling companion’s name before beginning a race around the world that will span 9 countries, 17 cities and 36,000 miles. The new season of the 10-time Emmy Award-winning series premieres on a new date and time, Thursday, March 30 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
“For years, THE AMAZING RACE fans have suggested we line up complete strangers and match them up at the starting line to see what would happen. These newbie racers begin with no pre-existing relationships or emotional baggage, and the excitement of traveling around the world to complete dozens of gut-busting, mind-blowing challenges quickly ignites tension,” said Phil Keoghan, host of THE AMAZING RACE.
“THE AMAZING RACE, in scope, is the biggest reality show ever created. It brings people from all walks of life together on a global scale, and traditionally sends teams with established relationships on an adrenaline-packed, exotic adventure. However, this season, we are excited to pair complete strangers and see how they handle the pressure of traveling the world with someone they just met,” said co-creator and executive producer Bertram van Munster.
Participants in the 29th Race around the world include an Army Drill Sergeant, a pro snowboarder, a Wall Street banker, an auctioneer and a college drum major, among others. They will begin their journey in Los Angeles and head to their first destination, Panama City. Along the route, Racers will be challenged with building and delivering desks and school supplies to children in Tanzania, skydiving in Norway and bungee jumping 240 feet into the Corinth Canal in Greece. The first team to cross the final finish line will win the one million dollar prize and be crowned the winners of THE AMAZING RACE.
• Ashton Theiss, Fort Worth, Texas, Residential Realtor
• Floyd Pierce, Boulder, Col., College Drum Major
• Brooke Camhi, New York, Criminal Attorney
• Liz Espey, Maryville, Mo., Auctioneer
• Francesca Piccoli, St. Plano, Texas, Army Drill Sergeant
• Jessica Shields, Youngstown, Ohio, K-9 Police Officer
• Kevin Ng, San Diego, Athletic Trainer
• London Kaye, Brooklyn, N.Y., Artist
• Jennifer Lee, Los Angeles, Model
• Joey Covino, Saugus, Mass., Police Sergeant
• Logan Bauer, Columbus, Ga., Surgical Consultant
• Matt Ladley, Denver, Col., Pro Snowboarder
• Michael Rado, Pittsburgh, Penn., Butcher
• Becca Droz, Boulder, Col., Rock Climbing Instructor
• Sara Fowler, St. John, Virgin Islands, Luxury Realtor
• Seth Tyler, Seattle, Wash., Police Officer
• Olive Beauregard, Providence, R.I., Firefighter
• Redmond Ramos, Murrieta, Calif., Former Navy Corpsman
• Scott Flanary, West Hollywood, Calif., Recruiting Manager
• Shamir Arzeno, Jersey City, N.J., Wall Street Banker
• Tara Carr, Alexandria, Va., Army Officer
• Vanck Zhu, New York, Wall Street Analyst
For more detailed information on THE AMAZING RACE and the Racers’ bios, go to http://www.cbs.com/shows/amazing_race/