Memorial Day is quickly approaching; how do you plan on remembering our fallen veterans?
If you are looking for something to do, here is a list of parades and events submitted by WTVY users.
• The Wiregrass Area’s 7th Annual Memorial Day Ceremony will be held at Sunset Memorial Park Monday, May 27. Lunch will be served at 1 p.m. and the ceremony begins at 2:30 p.m. featuring guest speaker Retired Colonel Bob Bunting, former Chief of Staff at Fort Rucker.
• The Ozark Memorial Day will be held on Friday, March 24 at 11 a.m. The parade will begin at Woodlawn Cemetery on 231 south.
• Sandestin is remembering our fallen veterans all weekend long. Live music begins on Saturday and continues through the weekend. Attendees will be able to enjoy bands on the Events Plaza stage from 7 to 9 p.m. each night. Children’s activities will be featured in the Events Plaza from 6 to 9 p.m. on Sunday night. Later the sky above the lagoon will light up with a patriotic fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. On Monday, the Village will host a Memorial Day program right before sunset, presented by Sandestin veterans, including a special brass band performance. Visit www.sandestin.com/events for details.
• The Memorial Day Flag Tournament at Silver Wings Golf Course will be held on Monday, May 27. Tee time is from 7 a.m. until 9 a.m. Cost is $10 entry fee plus green and cart fee if applicable.
• A Memorial Day Ceremony will take place at the Ft Mitchell National Cemetery near Seale Alabama on Sunday, May 26. The ceremony will begin at 1 p.m.
For more information about the events listed above, visit our Community Calendar here; http://www.wtvy.com/community.
Is your event not listed? Tell us about it in this article’s comment section or submit a U-Report at Ureport@wtvy.com.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.