- "Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all." ~William Faulkner
How Not to Call a Newsroom (Or Anywhere Else)
- "Anger is short-lived madness." ~Horace
Working on Labor Day
- Oh the irony of working on Labor Day...
Lessons from Robin Williams
- I've lived through many celebrity deaths - Michael Jackson, Heath Ledger, Elizabeth Taylor just to name a few. But none have really hit me ... until now.
Social Media Shout Out
- "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
But First, Let Me Post an Update
- The essence of social media is knowing your audiences and engaging them in something they love.
Field Producing 101
- "A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you've been taking."
Bite Your Tongue!
- Opinion: a belief or judgment that falls short of absolute conviction, certainty, or positive knowledge; it is a conclusion that certain facts, ideas, etc., are probably true or likely to prove so.
- "You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives." -Clay P. Bedford
Why *That* Story?
- News: It's what people are talking about!
Moving On Up
- "Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally." -David Frost
What's a Producer Do Anyway?
- news producer (noun):
A news producer is one of the most integral members of any news-production team. The news producer takes all the elements of a newscast (packages, video, graphics, etc.) and compiles them into a cohesive show.
More Lessons From The Newsroom