Ft. Rucker Freedom Fest Schedule
Press Release: Ft. Rucker
Come Celebrate Freedom Fest!
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
4-10 p.m. – Food and craft vendors open
4-10 p.m. – Rides operation (fees vary, some activities may close early)
Kids Fun Zone
4-9 p.m. – Kids Confidence Course (free)
4-9 p.m. – Inflatable Fun World (fees apply)
Main Stage Field
7 p.m. – Opening Remarks
7 p.m. – Historic and national colors posted, national anthem
7:10 p.m. – Commanding general’s welcome
7:15 p.m. – Tribute to Fallen Heroes
7:20 – 8 p.m. – 98th Army “Silver Wings” Band first set
8:10 – 9 p.m. – 98th Army “Silver Wings” Band patriotic concert
9 p.m. – Fireworks
• The VCC at the Daleville Gate will reopen during regular business hours Friday, July 3 and will be open on the weekend; the Enterprise and Ozark gate VCCs will remain closed through Monday, July 6.
• Additionally, the Faulkner Gate will be closed Friday, July 3rd through Monday, July 6, and will reopen during regular business hours Tuesday, July 7.
• Whichever gate you come in is the gate you will be required to exit from, so please ensure you have a plan for your departure before entering the installation.
• Cell phone use is prohibited when operating a vehicle on post without the use of a hands-free device. Drivers must safely exit the roadway to a hard stand area to use the cell phone if driving without a hands-free device.
• No coolers, tote bags, backpacks or containers are allowed on the grounds except for medical and baby care items.
• Fireworks of any kind are prohibited on post.
• Glass containers are prohibited at the event.
• Pets are not allowed due to safety concerns.
• Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, mace and "pepper spray" are prohibited.
• No roller blades, bicycles, skateboards or scooters are allowed at the event.
VISITOR ACCESS POLICY
•The VCCs will not be open on July 2, the day of Freedom Fest. Please plan accordingly.
•Fort Rucker eagerly looks forward to our community's attendance at Freedom Fest.
•The security and safety of the personnel and infrastructure at Fort Rucker continues to remain the priority for the Fort Rucker leadership.
•Unescorted visitors planning to attend Freedom Fest must obtain a Visitor's Badge from one of our three Visitor Control Centers (VCC) or be escorted on-post by an authorized escort.
•The current access policy as of 5 June 2015 permits anyone with a valid Common Access Card (CAC), Retiree ID, Military Dependent ID, DA Form 1602 Civilian ID card, or any other U.S. Government issued personal identity verification (PIV) credential to access Fort Rucker without a Visitor's Badge.
•Of these groups, only Active Duty and Retired U.S. Service Members and their dependents (18 and older), and DA Civilians with a valid DOD-issued ID card may escort un-vetted visitors. Those who escort visitors are vouching for their guests and must escort them everywhere while on-post.
•Our three VCC are located at the Daleville, Enterprise, or Ozark gates, and are open between the normal operating hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Additionally, the Daleville gate will be open Saturdays and Sundays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. to make it easier to access post on the weekends.
•To obtain a Visitor's Badge, you'll need a valid Government-issued picture identification, such as a driver's license, state-issued ID, or passport. Visitor's Badges may be issued for up to six months. When accessing Fort Rucker, visitors must present a Visitor Badge and a valid Government-issued picture identification card in order to access Fort Rucker.
• If there is lightening we ask folks to go to their cars and tune into the Fort Rucker radio station or listent to the PA system for more guidance.
• If there is a heavy rain the concert will be moved into the theater.
• If the weather lifts, the fireworks will go on as scheduled.
Copyright © 2015 Gray MidAmerica TV Interactive Media, LLC.