A half dozen teenagers in Southern California had to be taken to emergency rooms in the past few months over hand sanitizer.
Public health officials say they had to be treated for alcohol poisoning after drinking the liquid.
Now, officials tell the LA Times, they're worried this could become a dangerous trend.
Liquid hand sanitizer is 62-percent ethyl alcohol and makes a 120-proof drink.
And of course, it's very easy for teens to purchase.
Experts say parents should buy foam hand sanitizer because it's harder to distill the alcohol.
They also say parents should monitor the sanitizer the way they would liquor or medicine.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.